To put it simply, if you want to stop, but can't, and you're experiencing life consequences, then it's a good idea to get some help as soon as possible.
Here are some additional questions you can ask yourself to see if you have a problem that needs help:
- Have I lost control over sexual behaviors and crossed lines or limits that would not normally be crossed?
- Have I recently lost a relationship because of my sexual behaviors?
- Have I been fired, placed on probation, or been less productive at work because of my sexual behaviors?
- Do I spend less time with family and friends?
- Am I emotionally separated from loved ones?
- Am I facing financial burdens related to my sexual behaviors?
- Have I attempted to stop sexual behaviors but have been unsuccessful?
- Have I been living a double life?
- Is my spouse traumatized and considering separation or divorce?
- Am I experiencing erectile dysfunction from excessive masturbation?
- Are you secretive about your sexual exploits?
- Are you depressed about how your sexual behaviors are negatively affecting your life?
- Have your behaviors resulted in legal action being taken against you?
- Has casually looking at pornography and masturbating become a part of your regular routine?
- Have you engaged in or pursued prostitution, massage parlors, escorts, etc?
- Do you wonder if you have a problem or an addiction?
- Have you known you need help but don't know where to start?
- Do you feel alone and believe no one will understand?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, contact us so we can help you get started in recovery.
THINGS TO KNOW
- You are not alone!
- You need help and support to recover and overcome this addiction.
- This addiction can be as severe as an addiction to hardcore drugs and as difficult to overcome.
- The pain and trauma you have caused your loved ones, especially a spouse or partner, is real and powerful! They need to heal and recover too!
- If you are an addict, you have a lot of work to do...but it is worth it to regain freedom over your life!
- Recovery IS possible!
- Recovery is NOT Just Abstinence, Recovery IS Lifestyle Change!
It's common for guys struggling with problematic sexual behaviors to try and fix them on their own without talking to anyone else. It's embarrassing, they feel humiliated, and they wonder if anyone can really help them.
We can help you. We have a team of highly trained therapists and experts in treating pornography and sexual addiction. We offer individual counseling, couples counseling, and our effective LifeStar program, a more thorough and intensive way to tackle this problem.
Please visit our LifeStar program page for more information about how we can help you overcome your pornography and sexual addiction.
Want more information on pornography and sexual addiction?Slave Master (PDF)
Road Map for Recovery (PDF)
From Under the Rock (PDF)